Spring 2018 Training: 7-Day Program
Begins March 3rd
Saturday, March 3rd (9a.m.-4:30p.m.) Parent Class FtWorth
Monday-Friday, March 5th-9th 18th (9:00a.m.-3:30p.m.) Dallas
Saturday, March 10th (9a.m.-4:30p.m.) Parent Class FtWorth
MotherMe Doula Training
Location is in the heart of Dallas, TX. Directions and details provided upon registration.
Become a Healthy Birth™ (MotherMe) Certified Birth & Postpartum Doula
Our Mission Statement
We provide training, mentoring and certification for doulas and a community of sisterhood.
We provide a community to empower mother’s freedom to make informed decisions for her options in family-centered MotherBaby care.
What Makes Us Different
- A Healthy Birth™ (MotherMe) Doula graduate is a person who prepares to become a skilled certified doula through planned, supervised work through the mother’s prenatal to postpartum care, plus related classroom instruction.
- The graduate doula, when working on the job, serves her own clients with the safety net of having a team of Certified Doulas to ask advice, problem solve and support her through her initial client care.
- Healthy Birth™ (MotherMe) Doulas graduate training period ranges from one to three years.
- Graduates are taught the emotional, physical and informational support appropriately given to women and their families.
- Classroom work is required in subjects related to our trade,as a complement to actually working with mothers and families before, during and after birth.
Who We Are And What We Believe:
Healthy Birth™ (MotherMe) was founded to fill in what we perceived as a gap in face to face support and training that other certifying organizations did not provide. We believe that to truly train and produce the most effective and professional doulas, education must be offered in Antepartum, Intrapartum and Postpartum support. We believe these times in motherhood spill into one another with subtle to dramatic changes, just as the trimesters of pregnancy. In order to truly understand one you must understand how each part affects a woman and her family. We also believe that face-to-face on going training, support and mentorship not only produces professional, competent doulas to go out and serve, it also builds a protective and nurturing community for the doula to seek counsel & support; to be able to nourish her own soul in a calling that sometimes leaves us emotionally and physically drained.
We are a local, D/FW based organization which allows us personal time with our training doulas. We have more than 30 combined years of experience as doulas ourselves; this has given us great insight as to what is most beneficial to new, fledgling doulas.
Join Our Excitement!
We are excited as we continue in our growth as Doulas, Childbirth Educators and Midwives.
We look forward to guiding you through this most incredible journey as you learn to support and guide women through the most sacred time in their lives!
In love and support,
Brenda Kirkpatrick, MMCD, AIMI, LCCE, FACCE